Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Eid Comes

Before this Eid I mean just before, the conditions at GIK were most favorable. If I went to the bank to pay a mess bill, I'd be the first in line and none of that waiting. If I went to play table tennis, the tables would be empty. I'd read when I wanted to, I'd sleep when I wanted to. Thats the great thing during exams about being a faculty member. Things couldnt be better.

Then all of a sudden it came. Time to go home for Eid. The day I regard to be the most boring day of the year came crashing down on me like a 200 pound brick. I copied all the TV series I could get my hand on before leaving (courtesy Raptor), but they werent enough. While coming home I had to wait an hour at every stop. An hour for getting the Topi to Pindi van, more than an hour for Daewoo. I knew everything couldnt be right. However once I got here, I started reading and watching TV series. I noticed that it wasnt that much different except for the fact that if you went somewhere you'd keep getting phonecalls all the time. There isnt really anything special about being home for Eid. Its just normal. Being a kid was a different experience when you'd wait year long for Eidhi and maybe later on buy something like ram for your computer and be really happy with the increase in throughput. Kids!!!!!!

Lots of things have lost their charm nowadays. I guess this is due to adulthood without lots of responsibilities. Watching movies/series isnt as much fun as it was, games have lost their appeal, chocolate isnt that great anymore. Tasty Food isnt the answer to every problem.

Ahhhh!!!!! What the heck, before all of you guys decide to close your browsers I'll say it.

Eid Mubarak to you all

3 comments:

The Surreptitious Fabric said...

Qul Am Wa Antum Bikhair, dude! :P What's wrong with you?! Seriously! How in the world did games lose their appeal?! WAKE UP! WAKE UPPPP!!!

Anonymous said...

get married :p

Tif_Anwar said...

Aww..come on I-T! You are one hello member. Say Hello to new things in life, so much to explore.

Do check out the all new WWE SmackDown vs. RAW 2007!

Or fall in love, the best thing that can ever happen in life! ;)

ROFL @ Umair bhai's comments.
Or do you really want to get married this early? :P